Sunday, July 10, 2011

cousin-auntie

Thursday evening I walked in the door and was greeted by Carleigh:

"You're a cousin-auntie!"

I had to think about this for a few seconds.
And then all of a sudden it clicked...

My dear cousin Kyle and his equally dear wife Sally, who live in Australia, had their baby girl...and she is a beauty. In fact, she reminds me a lot of her real auntie, my cousin Andrea!

Some of you are thinking, "I have 300 cousins and I don't know half of their kids...", so this idea of cousin-auntie won't be familiar to you. But when you only have two cousins on one side of the family, they are more than "extended family"...they are your family. And Kyle is the first to marry, and Hannah is the first grandchild...on both sides for him and Sally. I can't help but think how proud Auntie Flo would be of her new granddaughter...and gushing about the red hair on this one!
We miss you Auntie Flo.

This week I'm wishing Australia was a whole heck of a lot closer, so I could see this scene in person, and have my turn for cuddles:
Welcome to the world Hannah Ruby Davies! 
We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment