Friday, July 15, 2011

conspiracy theory #1.

I was born near midnight almost 30 (gasp) years ago.

I have ALWAYS been a night person.

Ask my mom.

So, is that why my best paper-writing happens at approximately 11:45pm? 

I'm in the groove...

...and wondering why I couldn't be a morning person.

It seems so attractive.
These are my "romantic" visions of being a morning person:
  • To awake with a smile on my face at the break of dawn and consider all the possibilities the day holds.
  • To drink coffee with a newspaper or a book in hand by an open window in my sun-filled kitchen (not gulping it down as I maneuver the stick shift and try turning the wheel with one hand at the same time because I'm off to a late start...again). 
  • To say more than "hi" to God. (I picture morning people as more holy than I).
  • To sing beautiful songs about cleaning the floors while woodland birds and squirrels join you in song. (I evidently picture morning people as Disney characters). 
So if you're a morning person...God bless you and your Disney ways.

And if you're an evening person...I take comfort in knowing we're here together. And that you'll probably dribble coffee on your shirt as you attempt to gulp and slam into 3rd gear simultaneously tomorrow morning...around the same time I will.

6 comments:

  1. Haha...I'm a morning person by default, thanks to my kids! Unfortunately my mornings are not nearly as relaxing and glamourous as you imagine. They usually involve spilled juice, energetic children, and drinking cold coffee an hour after I poured it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing right now... as I wipe sleep from my eyes and gulp my coffee this morning. I'm with you on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Non-morning person over here. Luckily I walk to work and don't like coffee. But I still show up at the church a little bleary eyed sometimes (umm... like this morning). Luckily no one else was here yet. I blame having children that randomly sleep in together once in a blue moon and not using an alarm clock any more. Our senior pastor here is definitely a morning person. So clearly it is a more righteous disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you're neither? I LOVE sleeping in, but I can't stay up as late any more...I don't do well past oh, 12:30am. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not always 'romantic' being a morning person. No matter when I go to bed, I always wake up early. It is not cool to wake up before 6am when bedtime was only after 11pm. And believe you me, I am not jumping out of bed with a smile on my face. I am desperately trying to fall back to sleep before my alarm goes off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly hilarious, Kathleen. How about conspiracy theory #2 - your best posts come whenever you are in the middle of huge piles of work and looming deadlines!

    ReplyDelete