Monday, July 11, 2011

and so...

...I shared my hesitation of teaching "th" to Charlee, with Carleigh tonight after dinner.

It resulted in a 5 minute conversation in which we attempted to replace "th" sounds with "l" sounds (similar to how the kids' use of "Kal-leen" does)...and whether or not we could convince the kids that it's cool to speak this way.

Me: So, I was linking lat maybe we should try some-ling new.
Carleigh: I was linking lat lursday is a bad day for lat.

Try it. I dare you.
Warning: you may burst into gut-laughter.

We did.

Have I told you all lately how much I love my "sister"?

Not to mention, this week in the midst of my chaos with school, I come home to find she has emptied my garbage, washed my clothes, and taken my dirty dishes up to the kitchen (my personal shame). Thanks for serving me, Carleigh. I promise great re-payment in August.

I will even scoop the kitty litter.

And you know that's true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment