Monday, May 22, 2006

"The Sweatshop"

Saturday afternoon I saw one of the "funniest" things so far. Carina (my host 'mom') brought me over to her Aunt's house (one of the aunts), which I hadn't yet visited. When we arrived I was ushered into a back room, where I was introduced to, as I say in jest, "the sweatshop". This little area had bags and bags and bags of fabric. There were about 8 different machines - sewing machines, embroiderers, etc. And so I was shown "the ropes" - fabric, cut into certain shapes, and sewn together, and then...this was my favorite part...affixed with various "Roxy" or "Quicksilver" tags. Hmm... :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man. So that is where they make it? I jokes. It is funny how other cultures esteem even the brand names in North America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get some good deals? I'm joking too:) It is kind of sad how big a deal brand names are...it's certainly the same deal in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:46 PM

    i'm about a size small.

    ReplyDelete