Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I stepped out of the way.

On Saturday I went to a wedding. It was beautiful, and fun, and I knew lots of people there, which always makes a wedding a better event for the guest. So when it came time to the bouquet toss, I joined the many single girls, and promptly found an "in the middle, near the back" position, thinking it would have the best chances of not getting the bouquet (I don't know...not into the hype of it I guess). So as I watched the bride windup, I immediately recognized that at the angle she was heading, this bouquet was heading straight for me. I simply looked at my friend Laura, and stepped out of the way...as these flowers flew at my person. I literally had to move out of the way, in order not to catch the bouquet. It dropped to the ground. The entire group of single girls looked at me, and shrieked "Kathleen!"...and then a young teenager flung herself on top of the bouquet, and conquered it for herself. It had to be the funniest moment of my life...and made me reflect on why I don't appear to want the bouquet just yet?? I have another wedding to go to this Saturday...if the bouquet comes for me again, I think I need to start planning a wedding.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha. your destiny is sealed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:00 PM

    so you know that story will be told for years to come...(and thanks for changing the settings so I can comment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor blogger etiquette - commenting on a post and saying nothing related to the post.

    Hi Kathleen! See you on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Kathleen....that was hilarious. I can picture you just standing in the back...and nudging the person next to you to get out of the way so that you don't have to catch it. haha. sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete