Sunday, June 26, 2011

why i will never listen to britney spears. (alternatively titled: our night with james, joy, and john paul.)

In April, I had a hankering for some good, solid, live music.

As I scoured the internet looking at all of my favourite bands, I didn't get too far when I realized TWO of my favourite bands were playing TOGETHER in Seattle....for $20...at a "dine and listen" type place...and I knew it had to happen.

This was a similar "it had to happen" feeling as was experienced when deciding I should make the road trip happen. I realize I respond well to my gut instincts on these things!

And so, on Wednesday, I was privileged to go to that "dine and listen" type place, The Triple Door - highly, highly, highly recommend it, by the way - with three lovely ladies.

And...I got to see my two favourites in person. I hope you enjoy these snippets.

Ireland's very own... James Vincent McMorrow:

And The Civil Wars...

"From this valley"

Good stuff, right?

This was the kind of concert where I repeatedly realized I had goosebumps...and I sat on the edge of my seat for most of the show. 

That IS the good stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    But Kaleen! Miss Spears sings about such deep life issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...Nate, how could I forget that? you sing "not yet a woman" so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss k.
    just a few things.
    one. sweet photo.
    two. sweet vids.
    three. your last comment rocked my world. seriously. rocked.
    thank you sweet girl.
    p.s. i haven't been receiving your blog updates in my dashboard. wondering why... ?!? i am a devout follower you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete