Friday, June 03, 2011

The things I've learned...

Warning: this blog post, according to its title, could be rather "deep".

It's not.
Not really.

For those of you who have checked out Pinterest, you will understand why this is my new obsession. There's nothing like having a cup of tea at 10pm and scouring the 100s of things people "pin" each day. It's fascinating.

So, I was reflecting on the things I have learned from Pinterest thus far. Enjoy.

1. Octopuses are big. Like, popular. 
I have no idea why. I think they're a little ugly, to be honest.

2. Women like to post pictures of other women with bodies whose metabolism was acquired from birth, and who likely played soccer from age 2 to present, in addition to their part time job at the gym, and who are allergic to all things that the rest of us eat and gain weight from. 
Supposedly, this is motivation. 
I don't understand it. 
Wouldn't motivation be simply a flight of stairs and the bliss that running to the top would not induce an asthma attack? Or how about your favourite pair of jeans that no longer fit? 
We like to blame men for our poor self-image. 
But I think we can do it to ourselves without their help.

3. Grey and yellow go together.

4. Coral is now an acceptable colour again.

5. I love the look of furniture painted with bright colours in rooms with neutral walls. Who knew?

6. Hilarious people with time on their hands make me laugh with things like this:
(peanut birth via)

7. If you want to invest some money in something, I say invest it in whomever manufactures chalkboard paint. Everyone is into painting something in their house with chalkboard paint. Are we rebelling against the white board?

8. There is such a thing as "twister board" bed sheets. I so desperately wanted to buy a set for our friends Sam and Lana who get married at the end of this month (they'd find it hilarious)...until the only set I could find was on Amazon for $348...used. 

Sorry, guys, you'll be getting a can opener instead.

9. I can make stuff! After a quick tutorial, meet my new hair clip:
...and headband:

10. Ultimately, God has gifted people with such creativity and insight and curiosity...and it is amazing to see what the results of all of that can be. Imagine our potential for good if we put it all toward it? And...beauty is subjective. Guaranteed: gray and yellow in a year's time will be "outdated", coral will return to its status as "unacceptable", and everyone will wonder what they were thinking when they bought that octopus necklace. May I remember to focus on the eternal in the midst of my late night tea sessions.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo! You must teach me how to make pretty hair accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed the octopus thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, pallets are totally a hot commodity.

    ReplyDelete