Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Chuckle-worthy.

I'm still alive folks.
Tomorrow the college schedule begins...which means we finally fall into routine.
Thank you Jesus.

Today was one of my last 14 hour work days for a while...
*knock on wood*
...and so I took a 5 minute break this afternoon to call the house and check in.

After talking with Carleigh, I asked to speak with Bodhi, who was inevitably at the "hungry hour" (4:05pm on the dot).
He was rather non-responsive. Tired, grumpy, and hungry. Bad combo.

But my favourite moment happened like this:

Me: Hey Bo, what did you do today?
Bo: Um, Charlee played trains with me.
Me: Awesome! What else did you play?
Bo: We played check!
Me: What does that mean?
Bo: It means, we played check! (followed with the audible sigh and obvious frustration with my lack of understanding...so I let it go)
Me: Okay, Bo, well I'll see you later, can I talk to Charlee?
Bo: Hey Mom? Charlee wants to talk with Kaleen... (which wasn't exactly what I said...)
Carleigh: Okay, Bo, that's fine...
Bo: (deep breath) HEY! CHARLEE! KALEEN WANTS TO TALK WITH YOU...RIGHT KALEEN?

I couldn't help but laugh.

1 comment: