Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wow.

So the second to last group of the summer is here - Mount Joy Mennonite from Pennsylvania. I cannot believe that we are flying through this so quickly. Our last group comes on Saturday - a family missions trip, so it will look quite different. Carmelinda is excited, as DeLynn has put her "in charge" of the kids that are coming. I'm excited for them to do ministry - 3 through 11 years old, handing out pop to strangers, and washing taxis windows.

I went and hung out with my host family Tuesday night...seeing as it's probably the last time I get to see them. They were commenting on how quickly time has flown for me being here this summer - everyone I talk to agrees - I will be home in 2 weeks!

To be honest...I think I'm getting ready to head back. Pray for me that I keep my head in this right now, because I'm starting to check out a little bit. I keep picturing beautiful summer afternoons at the beach, eating cherries and plums, and then having a late night walk (and it still being light out!!). Although I love my summers here...they are completely different from summers at home, and so I'm starting to miss it.

I have a couple of prayer requests as well. One of our staff members, Casey, has developed shingles this last week. She's in a lot of pain, and having to pull back to get the rest she needs. Pray for her!

Also, I received news last week that my Aunt Flo, back home in Mission, had a mini-stroke, and is currently in the hospital, trying to get back to normal. She cannot sit up, or walk, as she experienced paralysis on one side. Please be praying for her - this is a scary thing, and the scarier part is not knowing if another stroke is coming. It is hard to be so far away when I know that this is all going on back home...and adds to the part of me that is "checking out".

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Make the most of your time there. Will be praying for you. Can't wait to have you back!! Your mom came today. It's nice to have company around. Mom's doing a little better but has a long road I think. The prayers are much appreciated and we have a little less stress now that we see some improvement every day.

    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathleen! Wow, can't believe how fast your time is flying. I'm feeling sort of the same. We spend so much time planning for "what is to come", and then when the time is actually here it wizzes by. I'm praying that you're able to stay focussed, make the most of your time there, and for your aunt to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Hi Kathleen! I can't wait to see you when you get back! I'm praying that your last couple of weeks will be amazing and that you will have plenty of rest! take care my darling! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete