Friday, July 13, 2007

on being sick and mute

So this last week has been pretty hard. I don't have too much exciting news to tell, because I spent last Saturday and Sunday in bed. Monday I tried working, and had to return to bed. Tuesday I drove around Heredia with Gloria, buying all the food that we needed for the group coming - which was actually a lot of fun - and by the end of that night, I had lost my voice.

So...50 youth arrived on Wednesday, and I met them at the airport...and whispered directions. It really was very frustrating for me, but I can see how funny it is too. All of Wednesday, and part of yesterday, I had no voice. I realized how much I depend on my voice...and on myself. I am a very independent person. Losing my voice meant that I had to give over lots of responsibility - and ask others to help me - which was hard for me to do. But...life is all about learning and growing, and I truly believe that God wanted me to re-learn some of the lessons I may have forgotten over time. (Or ignored).

Today...today is better. I have a voice - it's not normal, but it's there. But for those of you that remember my "bronchitis stage" during our fourth-year of college, my cough is back.

BUT...tomorrow, I'm going back to La Tabla. I was there last year, with a team, and it was an awesome experience. I asked DeLynn if I could join one of the teams for a few days. I will have pictures and stories for you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment