Monday, July 16, 2007

La Tabla

I am so blessed that I got to go experience a few days in La Tabla again this year. La Tabla is definitely one of my favorite places to go and bring groups in Costa Rica - because it pushes people out of their comfort zones...some very far!

La Tabla is a very poor, very drug-infested area, and has some of the most beautiful people living within its self-made borders. Here's some pics for you to enjoy...

Firstly, here's Lesley (fellow Canadian and staff member) and I looking pretty beautiful after a couple days without showers...
This is Andrea, whom I got to play with lots last year as well as this year. She is one of my favorites, and I can say that because none of them are looking at this page. And even if they are...they can't understand what I've written.
Here is Chad (my fellow staff and friend) translating for James (also Canadian, and happens to be married to that pretty girl Lesley). We were very proud of Chad for stepping up and translating so much - it was his first time and he did us proud. (Seriously, Chad, you did!)
Here is Andrea's littlest bro...Johnny hanging out with Andrew (who is actually the littlest bro of one of our staff members, Jon). I took this picture, and then showed it to little Johnny...who laughed his head off at it.
Nail polish and eye makeup were a huge hit with the little girls of La Tabla...they would get their nails done and then show each other...and then continue to blow bubbles and attack each other with balloon swords. It was beautiful.
That's about it for now...I'm going to try and get some video up here...and will get some more pics of the area when the others come back and I can steal their pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathleen! Looks/sounds fun. Glad you got to go back to a place that's so special for you. Praying for you with the next couple of teams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Kathleen, thanks for all your help during my visit to La Tabla. your right La Tabla blessed me too.
    Ron Clarke, Bear DE.

    ReplyDelete