Sunday, July 29, 2007

The last days...

We are done!

The family group left this morning at 4am. I was fast asleep in my bed. We said our goodbyes last night. I think that although I was pretty exhausted this week just with it being the last week of many weeks in a row, I really enjoyed working with the families. Families are very different from working with youth, different pros and cons, and things tend to go a lot slower paced, but the kids are precious and it's fun to see how adults are impacted by these experiences. (We are never to old to learn...)

As for us staff? Today we relax. Tonight we have a time of debrief as staff about the summer and our experiences, and to pray for each other.

Then tomorrow we go to another resort! We will be leaving bright and early at 4:30 am and travelling four hours to spend one night. But I'm sure it will all be worth it. We'll come back Tuesday night, and Wednesday will be my "wrap-up" day. And then Thursday, I fly back to Seattle. I can hardly believe how quickly this summer has flown. I am mixed in how I feel about returning (as always at this point). I am ready to see friends and family, and be back in Canada, but also wish I could be here, with these friends, these experiences, and in the Latin culture.

I will be back.

2 comments:

  1. This is the week! I'm so excited to see you soon and am praying for you as you prepare to leave and process your experiences this summer. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the very least, you get to be back in Courtenay for the Filberg Festival. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete