Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sounds like greek...

So I have to tell you all that lately at work I've been amazed by how many languages are spoken among the staff that I work with.

First of all, like most of Abbotsford, we have some Indo-Canadian women that work with us. Last week one lady was training another, and yammering off instructions in Punjab. (At which I leaned over to another co-worker and said: "wouldn't it be funny if this new girl actually doesn't speak Punjab, and is just pretending she knows what's going on?"...we'll see if she can figure out where the plates go or not...then we'll decide).

Then yesterday, one of the chef's was speaking German to another...

And today, two of the chefs were speaking Japanese...

Makes me wish I had someone that I could speak Spanish too...maybe I would feel cooler...or like I had VERY important information to share, that no one else could know about. Then again, maybe these fellow staff members really aren't talking about work at all...maybe they're sharing personal life stories, talking about the weather, or laughing at us simple English speakers for only knowing one language.

No comments:

Post a Comment