Thursday, September 07, 2006

no longer unemployed...

Well, today I got hired at the Ramada Inn and Conference Center, working for banquets/catering...the work isn't necessarily full-time, which means I can also continue pursuing a waitressing job as well...but in the meantime, I'm employed! And very relieved.

It's hit me lately how much I liked working at CBC, and having a title, and responsibility (well, to some extent), and being the one that knew what was going on, and that girls came to for things. Then you quit a job like that, and you no longer have a title. It's an odd thing...and all these new students arrive at the school, and have NO idea who you are, or were, or anything. It's humbling.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Hi Kathleen!

    Yeah for finding a job!!!! I am going to be in abby next weekend, hopefully i will see you then! Ciao!

    Gatim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 AM

    welcome to the real world

    ReplyDelete
  3. She said to me,
    condescendingly,
    etc.

    Bible school community is sweet when you are in it, but only a painful reminder of what you no longer have when you are out of it. 'Tis a cruel mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...I understand the feelings completely! It was weird for me to be around Abbotsford last fall, and not be "in charge" of anything! But then, I looked at who was "in charge", and I was happy to know that the reigns had been handed over to very capable hands:) I think you will continue to find yourself in positions where other women look up to you and come to you for advice. That's just the kind of woman you are!

    ReplyDelete