Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life on the Island

Ok...I have to admit that I am having a lot of fun here at home (just to clarify, I mean my parents' place on the Island) - and miss summers here. Because there is so much outdoors stuff here - rivers, mountains, ocean - all within 20 minutes of my house, I have been having fun...and reminiscing about summers in highschool, when we would pile into a car, find a river, beach, hole (literally...there's one place called the hole), and spend our day in the water.

Today I went to the falls up by my house, off of the logging road, with a couple of friends...here's a picture to make you wish that you had come with us. If you ever come to visit me, I will bring you here.And here's a picture of my parents' house.

Oh, I will hate the day that they sell this place...even if parts of it are falling apart...it is a beautiful place, and the only home that I have ever known (actually, the only home my parents have ever lived in together too...).

So there it is...life on the Island.

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen... yeah fun, you're home looks and sounds fun. Glad to hear your trip home was uneventful, and that you had great friends waiting at the airport, and that you didn't lose your wallet (like some other geek we both know). Happy playing in the waterfalls and "the hole" (feel kinda wierd about having wrote that...)
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your place too! Glad I've been able to visit it:) Sounds like you're having a great time...hope you get some good visits in with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:53 PM

    i'm so glad your enjoying being at home. it sounds like your culture shock hasn't been too rough...which makes me very happy to hear. Your place on the island looks amazing- how beautiful. so when are you coming back to abby? i can't wait to see you!! have a great time with family and friends. much love- nat

    ReplyDelete