Friday, July 14, 2006

Well well.

So God did it again. He stretched me a lot.

I am sitting in my living room, typing this while a team works on a drama behind me. There are 75 youth here...they arrived on Wednesday, and man is this place full! Our little house is now home to 16 staff and two board members. I'm not really sure how we're fitting....or how we've been managing with one bathroom - but it's kind of like the 5 loaves and 2 fish. It just works.

So last weekend, Gloria's mom went to be with Jesus. It is always sad to lose a loved one, and I really feel for her and her family right now. Please be praying for them.

With this, Delynn headed home on Sunday, and left me in charge. We went and picked up the additional 6 staff members....and then started preparing for the 75 to arrive. Wednesday we made two runs to the airport, and somehow, everything worked out...everyone arrived, everyone was fed, our speakers and people to lead music showed up, and we only had a few minor crises with electricity and water...which is less than many, so in my books, that's pretty decent. :) God is amazing in the way that He provides for us. The staff really came together and have made these last couple of days run so smoothly - I am very thankful for each one of them.

Delynn, Gloria and Carmelinda returned yesterday (yay!) - and so I'm no longer carrying around all the money that we own, nor answering all of the questions...and people aren't trying to ask me questions through the bathroom door anymore.

But I've been stretched, and God has worked...and everytime He does it, I want to say "No!, I don't want to do this!"...and He seems to always respond, "Yes, but I know you, and I want you to do this, and you're not doing it alone." I feel like Moses this summer...right when God first called him to lead, he answered, "but I stutter." He just kept saying it...and God kept replying, "ok, but I'll be with you, and you can even take Aaron, your brother with you, to speak for you." And even after God promised to be with him, and to send Aaron, Moses still said, "but I stutter." May I stop the excuses, and simply be abandoned to God, letting Him use me as He wants. May I come home changed by this experience.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:58 PM

    no doubt you will be changed when you return. what an incredable experience; i love reading your blogs.
    when are you coming back anyway? or have we lost you to Costa Rica?
    I'm very excited to see you and talk and play ball again.
    love you, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Praying with you through this time, Hon.......miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,
    As I read this I was reminded of all the times over the past few years I would be walking down the hall in the dorms at school and you would meet me with a huge hug. I miss those hugs. And I hug you back (pretend I just hugged you). I'm glad you felt God with you through this time, and I know he will put people beside you, as you too are one who has come beside many others.
    Peace sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it stupid how God has come through for us soooo many times and we have thousands of stories of people who have seen God directly at work, but yet our emotions can sometimes override that? we're such little kids. anywho, it's sweet to read what God is doing in your life. keep on trusting in him!

    ReplyDelete