Sunday, July 09, 2006

Feliz Cumpleanos...

Yesterday was Jose Andres' birthday party...so I went and visited my host family...along with the rest of the family - there was about 30 people there in total. I had a blast with them - it felt like 'coming home' in some ways. I took two buses from here, and then was walking down the street that I walked every day to and from language school. When I arrived at the house there was lots of hugs and kisses, and Jose Andres (whom I didn't recognize at first cause his hair is longer) came running for a kiss, it was great.

And so Jose is now 5...here he is with his cake:

And his pinata (the Hulk of course):


And here's a good ol' family photo:

So Costa Ricans love birthday parties, and love to eat. We ate a plate of cakes with a bit of dinner. Then out came jello-like dessert with ice cream. And then we had the actual birthday cake. And then there was the candy from the pinata of course...and party bags. I felt like throwing up afterwards :) Great fun...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    I thought we had good birthday parties but maybe they have us beat! That's a lot of dessert for one day! Glad you are having a great time there. Miss you!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete