Friday, April 22, 2011

you know what they say...

In June I will be a bridesmaid for the third time.

Don't say it...cause I know girls who've been bridesmaids more than three times and still ended up being a bride.

So there.

Today Lana and I went on a hunt for bridesmaid dresses. We may not have found anything proper (and complained about how easy guys have it...), but we had fun. We also considered ditching the dress hunt and engaging in building a bear, taking hilarious photos at the photo booth, and asking well-dressed people where they shop. We ended the day with people watching and El Salvadorean food on Commercial drive. It was good.

It was good to spend time together after a year in which we have both been working and going to school. Oh, and Lana's been planning this little party for 160 of her closest friends, so that's kept her busy as well. Sometimes running errands together just has to be the hang out time as well...and it was good to laugh.

Well, we came up with a plan...here I come David's Bridal...(anyone have any hints for us as we try to find two dresses by June 25th? The colour is green. And is negotiable.)

In the meantime, enjoy these gems that we found. These pictures were sent as texts to Carleigh with the following captions (please note the sarcasm):

We found one!

We may need your help.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's hilarious. I never really like the dresses they have at bridal places..my sister bought hers from Sears, and I know some people have gotten theirs at Le Chateau, they have some pretty sweet stuff sometimes. Online can be a good option too. Sounds fun! I'd go with the first choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can DEFINITELY be a bridesmaid 3 times and still be a bride : ) I felt like I was the girl in 27 dresses. I would look online for dresses. How formal does your friend want? RW&Co always has pretty dresses. I love this site called Shabby Apple right now (not that I have purchased...but I peruse!). I think their dresses are very cute. You could always ship them to Ship Happens in Sumas. Only $2 to pick up the package (and you normally save on shipping as you are shipping to the states rather than Canada!) Good luck. You will be a very beautiful bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa Brand8:19 PM

    Have you thought about getting someone to make the dresses for you?? Both times I was a bridesmaid, my friends chose a pattern and fabric and then we found someone to make the dresses for us; my mom made mine. That's what I did for my wedding too. Just a thought...

    Sounds like a fun shopping trip though! :)

    ReplyDelete