Tuesday, April 15, 2008

lame-o-la

I keep wanting to update you all of my great adventures. Problem is...I haven't had any lately that I feel are worthy of writing about.

Tonight is pina coladas and Juno. (Adventure #1)

But...there are many adventures coming in the weeks ahead! Baby showers, camping trip, road trip to Quesnel, visit with my momma, and flight back to my second home...Costa Rica.

To keep your appetite hungry for more...here's a few inspirational pictures of the last few months. They are my favourites. Now that it is April, and the college year is ending, I feel like a new year begins in a couple of weeks...hence the review of the year photo-style :)

In May, Mike came to Costa Rica with the CBC team, and we all went to the Caribbean!
And...I got to meet baby Julian - the newest addition to my host family.

In July, we hosted over 300 youth with Pura Vida Missions, and Carmelinda performed her traditional dance for almost all 300 throughout the month...Then I came home to a new job, and a new little family. And the family grew! In October, we welcomed Bodhi...And Charlee's just gotten bigger and bigger...and developed TONS of personality and humour. Tonight she had ice cream for the first time and ran around the living room for 20 minutes shouting "An....dee.....an....dee......an.....dee" Which we have no idea what that means. But it was hilarious none the less. Here is a classic Charlee pose:
Work has been great this year. I have led approximately 176 students into downtown Vancouver for an urban experience...and have learnt so much in the process. I've also learnt to see the beauty in a big city - and to not see it as such a lonely place.

But ultimately, my highlight of the year is demonstrated in this one photo:Saturday is grad...and marks 4 years that I have been on the "other side" of college life. Except, working at CBC doesn't really help me feel like I've moved on from that. So, in many ways, I am shocked that four years have passed. I could have done a whole new BA (which if you'd asked me about 4 years ago, I would have loudly scoffed at)...

3 comments:

  1. I feel old!! 4 years since college!! Oof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 years since you guys graduated? Yikers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. So, how does that make YOU feel Sandra? ;)

    ReplyDelete