Monday, June 25, 2007

well.

So I got in a bit of an accident yesterday.

I ran into a gate with the side of one our vans, trying to fit this monster van that I hate to begin with, into this narrow entrance (well, narrow in terms of comparison with the van) and in the end, the side window busted (it was sitting open, and I didn't notice) - tempered glass shatters, and then crackles...anyone know that? Well, Josh does.

He was sitting right beside the window when it shattered. Thankfully, he's fine. We all are. The gate is even fine. Well, the van's not so happy. Nice scratch on the side of the van, and no window. I hate moments like that, where everything you should have done differently flies through your mind. And then you have to fess up. I felt like I had to call my Dad and tell him that I broke his favorite...I don't know, fill in the blank. Kinda reminds me of the time I was mowing the lawn, and drove over a couple rocks that I didn't see...and the result was having to buy a new motor. Or the time I backed out our driveway, and randomnly got this piece of rope wrapped around the side mirror...and ripped it off. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a simple repair...turns out motorized side mirrors cost a lot...and have to be shipped in.

Anyways, we gave it a couple of hours, and then I called DeLynn and let him know. I told him, "I got into a bit of an accident with the van. No other cars, just the van and a gate." His response? "Is the gate okay?" Ha.

Why do things like this happen two days before 100 people are to arrive?

Last night we had a really good night, though. We took four hours, and worshipped, and prayed for each one of the staff. So, we prayed for 22 people in total...and I feel like the summer has now officially started. Here we go...

4 comments:

  1. A random piece of rope ripped off the side mirror?!! I'm sure it sucked at the time...but that's pretty funny. Sorry to hear about the van...those are always uncomfortable moments. Sounds like Delynn is pretty easy-going, so that's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:56 PM

    The 'random piece of rope' was one we were using to put across the driveway with a warning sign about the dog, for when we weren't home. You can ask Kathleen about that dog...she did NOT like strangers!!

    I remember my most embarrassing moment in a car when I was about Kathleen's age. I had had some work done at a local garage in Burnaby, and when I got into the car and tried to back out of the garage, I got too close to the side of the door frame, and it caught on the front fender or someplace, and started to pull loose! Ever since then, I've had the mechanics back the car out for me. I still am lousy at backing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha...Mom. That's too funny. Well, at least you were already at the garage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:30 PM

    LOL!!! pardon me for laughing at your pain, but i found it funny, what can i say? although, i second what sandra said...definitely not a great moment, and definitely glad for you that delynn is so understanding.

    i am enjoying reading about your adventures...

    love you

    ReplyDelete