Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Final Days.

Early this morning, DeLynn and Chad left for Nicaragua for the week. DeLynn left Howard and I in charge...and I'm a little nervous about this. There's a lot to do this week, and a lot that needs to be finished and ready to go, because on Saturday, the first half of our staff arrives. And that signals that summer has officially started.

Last night I had a dream (keep in mind I'd been watching "The Terminal" beforehand), in which I was working for an airline. Turns out that there was a terrorist on board one of the flights, and I had to be the one that talked him out of doing whatever it was that he wanted to do...over the phone. I hate the phone. 100 times out of a 100, I would rather be talking to you face to face.

Anyways, I woke up and felt like that was symbolic of my week to come (not that I view Howard or Marvin, or any of the staff as terrorists...let me get that straight)...but more that we have a major task to conquer this week. And I know that things will not be "smooth as butta" like we all hope and dream they would. And...I will have to communicate with Marvin, which is always a bit of a challenge because he likes to talk a million miles a minute, and use slang, in Spanish...it's the equivalent for me of talking over the phone.

Saturday, I will write another entry about how awesome God is, and how we made it through the week, and how we're ready for the teams to come. Ok?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:25 PM

    well, I hope all that training to fight against terrorists you did in my dream helped you in yours....
    ?
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? I think I'm forgetting something...

    ReplyDelete