Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Re: Sending Money for Vans....and other items of business

Hey. Just wanted to let you folks know that people actually ARE sending money for vans! (And it wasn't because I made that comment on my earlier post).

Here's some more photos for you visual types.

First of all, let me introduce you to my two roomies - Carol and Denia - I promise that Denia is a nice girl, despite this look...and she gives an excellent late-night concert.
And, the newest addition to the Chacon - Perez family (my Costa Rican family), baby Julian! There's a lot of jokes about how white he is, considering that his dad is dark, dark, dark.
Here's older brother, Jose Andres...who looks more like dad. But I have to say, the resemblance between the two boys is strong, especially when laughing or sleeping. Oh, by the way, I went and stayed at my family's on Friday night. Baby Julian is really colicky and so was pretty much upset the whole time...except when I picked him up and did the "colicky baby dance" that Carleigh taught me...props to her and to that wacky dance!

Jose Andres was also sick...but wanted me to sleep in his bed with him...and so, I shared his bed, he kicked me a million times, and made noises like he was going to throw up in my ear. It was a beautiful night's rest...but how can you say no to such a cute face?
Then, on Sunday, our church (Vina Escazu), had a BBQ and baptism at the Pastors' house. Here's my friend Carrie, being baptized in our Pastor's pool. It was a beautiful day (after a lot of rainy days)...lots of fun...lots of people...and I actually got some sun!
And here I am with Eli (who works at the church, and whom I've now known for three years!), and Marsha, who is here for a few months working with another missionary couple.
The last couple of weeks has been lots of working during the day, and then hanging out with the other staff and the young adults of the Vineyard at night. It's been fun. I'm almost not ready for the groups to come...I'm having too much fun hanging out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment