Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mi familia Tica

Two nights ago, I got to go see my host family. It was SO good to see them...I don't really have the words to describe it. It felt right, and I was happy - my host "dad" would look at me and say, "are you happy?" and I'd say, "of course". They are my second family...and I love that I have that here.

I went with Chad and Patrick (two guys on staff with me here), and Chad had stayed with my "aunt and uncle" while he was studying Spanish. They live next door to where I was living, so it was fun for us to go and visit our combined family. We got the aunt and uncle's place and visited while I waited for my family to come home from town...and then little Jose Andres (my "brother" who is almost 6) came flying in the door...no hello, no how are you, just "come to my house, we have a present waiting for you" and then as he gave me a kiss, he just couldn't wait...and shouted "It's flowers!" So I walked next door with him to find some beautiful roses, not to mention my wonderful family and their new baby boy, Julian, who is almost two months old. We had a great visit, filling in the guys on our stories from last year, and making plans to visit more before I leave again, all while they chastized me for my poor Spanish (I was just thankful that I could understand and converse with them after 8 months of only English!). I wish I could have come to stay with this family for another month like I did last year, but at very least, I get to see them, which is a blessing.

Sorry, no pictures yet, I forgot my camera.

And I'm lazy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 PM

    That's super! Glad you got to have a visit with them so soon. Say hi to them from me next time...and I want to know if they have made any pies since last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun that you get to go visit people that you've already connected with. And I love the fact that that little boy couldn't wait to tell you what your present was. That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete