Monday, November 06, 2006

WhiteSpot Land

Well folks, welcome to my third job of the last two months :)

I'm still working at the Ramada, and actually really enjoying it now that I know my co-workers, and the job...and now I am entering what I like to call WhiteSpot Land. The restaurant at the hotel is changing over to a WhiteSpot, and they've hired me to be a server there...so I'll be now doing both jobs, which is great for me - two different things going on, and full-time hours between the two. The last couple of days (and the next week) is training overload - learning the menu, the WhiteSpot "golden rules" and basically trying to get the whole thing in my head before I actually start serving customers. Oh, not to mention meeting another 35 staff (didn't I just do this 2 months ago? ;))

Anyways, life is busy right now, but good...and if you phone me and I mutter something about triple-o sauce, I'm sorry, it's just that WhiteSpot land has taken over my brain :)

p.s. Anyone seen/heard those "Say no to Meth" commercials? While I think the campaign is great, I have a hard time with the lady that they hired to do the voice...I keep thinking she's saying "Say no to Math"...and every time, I catch myself thinking, "Why would we say no to Math?"

11 comments:

  1. yeah. whoa. why would someone say no to math? that's just ludacris (sp - the concept not the band)

    i think they are funny ads....

    ReplyDelete
  2. they should have "say yes to math" commercials. not very many people like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like math.

    I don't like meth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i say no to math all the time.

    meth, not as often. but mostly i just encounter math more often then meth.

    MATH. No.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Kathleen. I've been staying fairly up to date on your blogs. I don't always comment...in fact, I'm a jerk and rarely do. But I read your blogs... and then today, for the first time, I noticed the nice little sentence under "Kath Bath Doll." The part about fact and fiction? So really, how do we determine which is fact and which is fiction? Do you really work for Whitespot? How do we really know that you polish cutlery? Are you really going to be 25 this month and that your single? And who's that Keira chick? I bet she's made up and you stole her picture from a Qwanoes brochure or something...

    I trusted you Kathleen...and now, it's just slipping beneath our fingertips....slipping, slipping away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe we can do a spoof on the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kristy Bidne...is that you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kristy...so good to hear from you..and of course you would be the only person to catch on to that little tidbit. I would expect no less.

    I have to admit...there is no fiction, but it sounded better when I wrote it like that..so I kept it. Maybe one day, I'll figure out something ludacris (ahem, Lana), and post it just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and Lana...defintely down for creating the spoof...maybe it'll be the next big thing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is no conclusive scientific data to support the theory that math is addictive.

    ReplyDelete