Sunday, November 26, 2006

SNOW!

I guess I can't say that Abbotsford never gets snow. Today, we got snow. Lots of it! Probably a foot and a half! (You think I'm exaggerating...but I'm not)

So instead of being "snowed in" in my little cave of a place, I walked to Misty's house...and we had a snow day together with Jer Thom and Mike...and had a day of fun! (Mostly which involved Jer and Mike throwing us in the snow...and our feeble attempts to get them back). We also shared a lot of food...including baking chocolate chip cookies, and jello, and a fun "dessert" that my mom and I would make when I was little.

See, I'm not sure exactly what we were trying to make back then...whether we were making snow cones, or trying to freeze maple syrup...but we would take a cup of snow and add maple syrup (the real stuff works the best)...or sometimes, if it was really cold, we would pour maple syrup on the snow and leave it for a bit, in attempts that it would become solid. So tonight I shared with my friends this snow/syrup combination. It seems to have been a hit - I dare you to try it, and tell me what you think.

Anyways...loving the snow...but not loving the fact that our landlords shovelled only THEIR half of the driveway today...hmm.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 AM

    i've been digging the snow too. i took a bunch of pics over the past few days. it's been a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Sounds like fun! And I hope that today is EVEN more fun! Happy Birthday Kathleen! I truly hope it is a wonderful day of celebrating the amazing person that you are. Thinking of you today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now if I say happy birthday too I look like the heel that forgot and saw Sandra's comment and copied her. Well, I don't care. Happy Bifday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:01 PM

    HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like you'll have some crazy weather for your day. This birthday should be pretty memorable but hopefully it won't ruin your plans. Enjoy your day anyway and have some more fun in the snow.
    Love Andrea

    ReplyDelete