Wednesday, November 29, 2006

On chicken noodle soup, 25, snowstorms and white rabbits.

It's 11:58 and I'm eating chicken noodle soup. I have weird eating habits, mostly due to working during typical meal hours...so today, for example, I slept until 11...ate lunch at 3...and then realized at 9 that I'd only eaten one meal today. So here I am, almost midnight, enjoying chicken noodle soup...or more like "noodle soup" that tastes chicken-ish.

Well, I did it folks. I turned 25. Now, let me tell you, that due to recent snow falling (i.e. dumping), my "Big" Party that had been planned had to be postponed, which really was a bummer for me...but my friends are great people, and managed to throw me a semi-big party last minute a little closer to home. And Alicia - who was throwing the original party for me (and still is...sometime in the snow-less future) - has promised not to eat my ice-cream cake (although I told her if she did it carefully/craftfully, no one will notice!).

25...not much to say about it. Seems like a big number...a very "sophisticated" number. We'll see what the year holds.

And as I'm typing...it's snowing outside. Yet again. Is this global warming's effects on Abbotsford? I mean, Toronto is a balmy 15 today and we're -8, which feels like -100 with wind chill? And then if you look at Sandra's blog, you'll see that one area in Mexico experienced -7, and people died because they didn't know how to handle the cold! Unreal.

Well, on a chipper note...I was out grocery shopping today with Misty, when we found ourselves in the ethnic foods area, and I found White Rabbits on the shelf. White Rabbits, for those of you who aren't so privileged to know, are these creamy white chewy candies, made in China, that somehow I know from Costa Rica. When I was down there, a couple of summers ago,we gave them out to the kids, and I thought they were the best candy! Well...looks like I don't have to go to Costa Rica to get them...turns out China sends stuff here too...fancy that ;)

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Sorry the snow put a halt to some of the celebration, but glad you still had a good time. Are you gonna be home for the holidays? Maybe we'll finally get to catch up - it's been ages. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Kathleen. This past week has been ridiculously cold here. Yesterday we hit a record cold for this time of year. -38.6 celcius with the wind. And they put a warning out saying that uncovered skin was likely to be frostbitten within 5-10 minutes. Global warming...maybe that could help me unthaw my rear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday, Kathleen! Welcome to 25...I'm leaving that realm this weekend. Take my word for it - it's just another number. Hehehe...

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming a 25 year old human! I celebrated my 25th at Castle Fun Park...and I also had ice cream cake!!!

    ReplyDelete