Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A child's perspective

So today, I met my mom's student. She is 6 and my mom is basically homeschooling her for grade 1. And she's quite the character...evidently my mom told her that I'm a 'missionary'; she has been quite interested in the topic and the idea that I have been to Costa Rica to tell people about Jesus, and I believe that she's even told her mom she wants to be a missionary herself one day.

Here's what our discussion was today:
Her: "So, did you have fun telling people about the Lord?"
Me: "Yes, it was lots of fun."
Her: "Did they listen?"

I have to say, I felt like I was chatting with, I don't know, a missons rep or something...it was fun, and I got a kick out of her questions.

Sidenote: my parents' computer is very slow on internet, so I've been playing Spider Solitaire while I wait for pages to load - anyone else addicted to the Spider? I sure am...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Actually, I think it was her mother and/or grandmother that told Annaliese that you're a missionary. That question, "Did they listen?" was unexpected....I wonder if she frequently gets told in the car on the way here that she is to listen to Mrs. Doll, etc. :)) It's made an impression, if so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATHLEEN. It looks like you've forgotten to update your blog since October the ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen...I feel like it's been a while, so...hi,
    Jer

    ReplyDelete
  4. keira, what are you doing on blogger?

    ReplyDelete