You know what that means...
time for a blog!
(on a side note, does anyone know of procrastination cures? cause i really should be checked in somewhere.)
Today's feature will be my highlights of the week (the ones I can remember right now...which actually are the ones from Wednesday to Saturday):
- Charlee brought flashcards home from pre-school group and told me:
These are my flashing cards, Kaleen!
- I drove out to my dear classmate Patti's house to share with 5 women (who all have a call on their heart to lead in Christian ministry) about my journey this year in learning about God's sovereignty and my life-long-battle to submit to Him.
The 5 women represented 5 churches in Chilliwack, but also 5 different cultures and ethnicities...and I accurately guessed that one woman was from El Salvador. That was a bizarre moment. I've never met anyone from El Salvador before. But I just had a hunch. She was a little shocked as well.
- Carleigh and I tried something new and headed out to watch the Reign Valley Vixens dominate while raising money for cancer research. Did you know we have a roller derby league in Abbotsford? I'll let Carleigh share about the fun times, but we I can tell you that we had some laughs, we reminisced about Whip It, and we marvelled at the beatings that these girls took. That cement is not friendly
- I made a confession to Carleigh after visiting the Trinity Western library to do some of my research.
Keep in mind, I have always worked in a library that fills one room.
Highschool, public library, North Island College, and CBC, all had books in the one room.
So there I am, walking into TWU's library, took a seat, did an online catalogue search, took note of the numbers, and then got up to find them...and couldn't find the books. There were journals, and reference materials...but no books. I wish you could have joined me in my head for that moment. "Where are the freakin' books in this place?"
Thankfully there's a reason I've made it all the way to grad school, and I started looking for signs (cause I also know that's a first choice over going to the desk and politely asking: "where are your books?" You know I'd be the topic of conversation at the dinner table later that evening: "you'll never guess what this girl asked me today...and she's a GRAD student")
...which lead me to realize that the TWU library actually has three floors.
Well...I guess a lot of people do, I just hadn't been that observant the previous two times I had used the library. (Which tells you I wasn't in the library looking for books...just to use the internet and look smart).
- After that notorious visit to the TWU library, I came home and was met by Bodhi, who quickly said:
How was your work?
Good, How about you Bo?How was your work?
Um...it was pretty good.
(He emphasized this point with a shrug of the shoulders, and a little click of his mouth. Kind of like an attempted wink/click thing. I love that kid.)
So that's it folks. Time to get back to my paper. And while I do...may you enjoy this one as much as I do:
Punctuation appreciation from here