Saturday, May 14, 2011

My skills...

...in procrastination have reached epic proportions.

This week...thanks to Elissa (and she did issue a warning)...I discovered the means by which I will never write another paper again.


Pinterest.

Heard of it?

Before you click the link, answer the following questions for me:

1. Do you have a family? Children? Husband? People you should be caring for on a regular basis?

If yes, please consider looking at this site after the hour of at least 8pm. Because likely you will continue looking until 1am...and any cries of "help" or "I'm hungry" or "my brother is punching me" will be drowned out by the beauty you can't pull your eyes away from.

2. Do you work? Go to work? Work from home?

If yes, please consider looking at this site only when your work is done for the day. Because, again, you will likely get dragged under by this site, only to resurface when your boss is standing in your doorway, asking for that report you were supposed to give them two hours earlier.

3. Do you have school work? Papers to write? Exams to study for?

If yes, please don't click on this link until you walk across that graduation stage. Heed my warning. 

But...in all seriousness, there is some amazing stuff out there.

Like this:


and this:


So, with great warning, I encourage you to check it out!

I, on the other hand, will try and forget this website exists...

...at least until my MA is done.

5 comments:

  1. I did warn you... but everyone does need a study break every so often... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Can we please make one of my study breaks a date with you? I'm not working now, so I can come over during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:16 PM

    I think I just ruined my life by clicking on that link a second time...the first time I was like, oh ya, very cool, but it won't get to me, and I left...that was yesterday...today I went back to it...perhaps cancelling the internet would help? ;p

    naaaaw. It won't get ME!
    fail...it did.
    AV

    cool site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Let's do it! Later on this week maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, I know... such trouble.
    P.S. That scarf is just dreamy.

    ReplyDelete