Thursday, October 06, 2011

How 'bout I scrub the toilets?

Tonight, Gary's at the game.

(Sadly, as I'm writing this, the Canucks just lost. 
To the Penguins. 
In overtime. 
The reality of game 7 of the final series is still just too close. 
I didn't even watch it tonight. 
I just wasn't ready.)

Anyways, while Gary was at the game, Carleigh and I took the kids to a restaurant. 
This restaurant may or may not have a large play area. 
And may or may not give you a golden crown to wear. 
We may or may not be embarrassed that we went there. 
It may or may not have broken some of our health goals. 

Moving on...

On the way home, Bodhi was insisting that he was NOT tired. NOT sleepy. NOT going to bed.
Carleigh and I let him know we were sooooo tired.
Carleigh told him he was welcome to stay up, but we would all go to bed. 

Trying to help Carleigh out, I turned around and said:

Yeah, Bo, and if you want to stay up, then you have to do the laundry, and wash the dishes, and mow the lawn, and put away your toys. 
So...would you rather do that or would you rather read a book and go to bed?

A second of silence, and...:

Um, I'd rather do the projects.

Well. 
That backfired.
I should have known better. 
Bodhi will always have the comeback.


1 comment: