Friday, August 12, 2011

heart.

I'll be honest.

Even though I'm surrounded by people, lately I've been feeling a little lonely. I've been trying to peg down why.

I think it comes down to transition and change.

Between figuring out my new job at the college, trying to get caught up in school work, and daily doses of ibuprofen/boxes of kleenex attempting to combat this killer cold...I feel like I've just missed quality people time with many of you.

And many of my dear friends have growing families, or are in new relationships, or are newly married folk, or are have moved to Vancouver. It's transition and change. It's good, but sometimes the reality of it still can hit you when you least expect it.

I need to be mindful of my need for balance. This means I can't just sit in Starbucks all night reading about my job or working on homework. And I definitely can't just sit in my room all weekend watching Prison Break. I need you, my friends.


I guess what I'm saying is...can you help me not to lose myself to school and work and routine? I'm not asking for you all to call and invite me to your house, but would some of you be willing to check in and ask me if I've made time for friends lately, for people who can speak into my life?

I think I need help to find that balance as I start a new role at the college where I'm very student-involved. I'm gonna be doing a lot of relating to people each day...but it won't be the same kind of community as that which I need from my peers.


Here's to transition, folks, and my love-hate relationship with change. From my heart....to yours, thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, you're lovely girl. cute, witty & wise too boot.
    i love your honesty. it's so refreshing. don't ever forget it. (xo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM

    i've been feeling the same way. newly married, new town, boring job...

    stop by langley anytime. or tennis?
    LK

    ReplyDelete