Sunday, March 13, 2011

words i use.

In an effort to encourage myself to get crackin' on my final paper for my current course (which is due at 6am tomorrow morning), I thought it would be the perfect time to blog. Right?

Somehow my best work comes when the deadline is looming.
...and my clean laundry gets folded and put away, the toilet gets cleaned, my taxes get done, and I buy new shoes. Two pairs.

Let's be honest...I should be getting my MA in Procrastination. Really.

Anyways, I have tons of thoughts pooling in my mind these days.
Anticipate a very well-thought out blog post "coming soon".

In the meantime, Carleigh suggested I simply blog "phrases that actually came out of my mouth today". 

Living with a young family has been my saving grace in so many ways over the past 4 years. Carleigh and Gary keep me grounded. The kids remind me that there is so much more going on in life than my little schedule. And...they remind me life doesn't have to be so complicated at the same time.

So today, when they came home from church, Bodhi (age 3) invited me to come and eat scones with them. In the following hour these are the phrases that actually came out of my mouth:

"Bodhi, are you wiping your nose in my hair?"

"Oh Jane-z, are you a kitty cat? Ok! Kitty cat Jane, can you please stop licking my leg?"

"Charlee...can you please not pick my nose? Thank you."

And that, folks, is pure gold.

What is weirder? That as a single 29 year old this is my common language, and I don't even notice it until Carleigh points it out... Or that I still haven't checked my hair to see if Bo really did wipe his nose in it...!?!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so funny! I think I've said this many times, but I'll say it again: I love that you write. I love that you take the time, even if it's time that should be spent elsewhere (!) to share these priceless nuggets with us, and perhaps remind all of US as well, that really, life DOESN'T need to be so complicated. Not all of the time, anyway ;) I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha so awesome!! You should probably check your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa Brand10:00 PM

    Today my slipper got chewed on because apparently I have a dog in my house. And I can definitely relate to the nose rub on my hair, though it's often my shoulder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete