Sunday, August 01, 2010

Pseudo-Momma update

Yesterday was my first day of....FREEDOM...after completing an intense beginning to the MA in Leadership program at Trinity.

To summarize this last month?
I loved it. I sweated through it. I fell asleep reading many times. I made friends. I turned my brain on to high, and it hasn't stopped yet.

So, yesterday morning, standing in the kitchen in my pjs, Carleigh asked a poignant question:
How will you enjoy this beautiful day today?


My response : I have no idea.


I then turned and ran into (literally) Charlee. She threw her arms around my leg and as I bent down to give her a kiss, she looked at me and whispered: Kaleen, can you take me on an adventure?


Me: What type of adventure, Char?
Her: Like, going to Gramma Jodi's house!


Well, seeing as Gramma Jo lives almost 4 hours away, that wasn't going to happen this day.

Then I had an idea. I turned to Carleigh and asked her how she felt about me taking Char to the library and for ice cream.

Her response: Yes, she'll think it's the best day of her life

Done!

So we had a date-day, just Char and me, and we had some great fun. Charlee loved the library. She fretted when I asked her to pick 3 books to bring home. There were just too many! Arms full of books, we walked back to the car. I was strapping Charlee in to her booster seat, when she saw the design on my pink tank top.

Her: When I'm big, I'm going to wear your pink t-shirt, Kaleen
Me: Oh, yeah, Char? When is that gonna be?
Her: When I'm your age
Me: How old is that, Char? How old do you think I am?
Her: Hmm, 10.

Awesome.

All in all, it was the perfect way to celebrate a month of hard work.

 

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen... I think you're great. Hooray for first day of freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    awwww...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS awesome. You are awesome. Congratulations, too. You're a brilliant ten-year-old :) HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:07 PM

    perfect kathleen.... how special for char, that she has you!
    --- anj

    ReplyDelete