Sunday, August 15, 2010

Loss and life....

Today Jesus took dear little Matthew Froese home.

I am feeling the mixed emotions one faces in a time like this. I know that one who has lived life on earth with difficulty finds wholeness in death. Healing. The ability to talk, walk, run, laugh, and dance. All the things Matty was unable to do here.

In living with Gary and Carleigh, I had the perk of hanging out with Matt occasionally, as he stayed with us every couple of weeks. And I got to meet many in his community of support: The people who love Matt.

Sometimes I was positive that Matt knew exactly what was going on. I'd pat his chest and take his hand and move it like we were dancing or playing arm-wrestle, and he would grin and make his happy noise. And then there were the times when I would realize he needed a new diaper. And if it was a really nasty one?...Matt would grin when you realized it. It was like his own little joke.

Today I'm glad that Matt gets to be whole. I'm sad that we don't get him anymore. And I pray that his family (and extended "family") are comforted as they grieve. His legacy will live on.... www.mattshouse.ca

Bye Matt.

Thanks for letting me love you.

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    What a beautiful tribute to Matt's life. I was sad to read this, despite only having met Matt for a brief period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 PM

    I am sad to hear of Matt's passing and am praying for you and all of Matt's "family". Love you!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:30 PM

    awww, thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete