Sunday, June 29, 2008

Staff training happenings...a few days later.

Sorry for my delay in getting these pictures to you all! We are in the midst of our first group's outreach, and I have taken a day off in order to recuperate, and so now finally have the time (and the internet speed) to be able to show you our wonderful staff!

Here we are! Almost all of us...2 more came after staff training, 1 more comes Tuesday night, and the fourth we are waiting on due to some medical stuff going on in her life - we'll see if she'll be able to come yet.
One of the joys of coming back summer after summer is reuniting with friends that I only know through Costa Rica - here are my two girls - Missy, on the left, was here last summer, and Julia, on the right, has been with me the last two years. I love these girls and the friendship that I have with both of them.
We started off staff training every morning with worship and sessions. Here Dan and Stephen are leading us in worship.
For two of the sessions, Gloria led us through the SHAPE profile, which I would highly recommend! From going through the various parts of our person (i.e. personality, spritiual gifts, experiences, etc.) we learned so much about each other before we ever started working together.
Of course, we had to break loose once in a while...here we invaded POPS ice cream and had our fill...
But then in the afternoons we were back at work...here the girls are working on Kids Ministry supplies...
...Dan painted the parking lot (very Latino thing to do, paint concrete a bright colour!)...
...I touched up our entrance with a Spanish welcome...
...Missy and Alex worked on learning their drama so that they could teach it to the group....which involved some salsa dancing :)
And at the end of it all, we partied! Friday night we went bowling...followed by a day at the beach that I don't have any pictures of.
And now...we're really doing it...please keep praying for us!

I just wanted to also give recognition to Laura Carlson, who took most of the pictures I just posted - she has come down as part of staff this summer as our official photographer...to capture the PVM moments and help us for future promotional stuff.

I love our staff! (Next to come...pictures from this week's outreach!)

No comments:

Post a Comment