Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New Groups and Bananas.

Tonight we have a new group coming...and a day later, the next group arrives as well...and I'm not feeling entirely "ready" to already start a new group!

This morning DeLynn took Julia (another staff member, who just arrived last night) and I out to Coyol, a Chiquita banana plantation about 2 hours from our base, to visit with the Pastors and go over our schedule for this coming week. We also went so that I know how to get there when I have to drive our team on Saturday!

It was a fun morning...I have to say that I'm really looking forward to taking this group out there! I'm also excited because the leader of this team that is coming brought a team 4 years ago...the first time I was here for a full summer. She is bringing a whole new team...and I haven't seen her in 4 years! Secondly, I realized today that that same summer, with a different team, I visited Coyol and the banana plantation for a church service. So in many ways I feel like God is bringing me back to my first summer...and it is exciting.

Anyways, next week I should have some very fun pictures...and a new love of bananas.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kathleen...I have been reading your updates, but haven't replied yet so I wanted to just say hi! I know that He is going to use you mightily where you are, and it's a good thing that when you feel weak that is exactly where you should be, because only He can be strong in you. Bless you friend, and have fun at the banana plant...look forward to seeing some pics!
    ps. starfield is back this weekend..we are going again:)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Maybe you can have a banana split with a REAL banana :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kathleen!

    I'm glad things are upbeat for you there. We're praying for you that God will sustain you through these busy days.

    We'll be thinking of you next week at our "Making Giant Dutch Blitz Cards" party. That party takes place a week after the "Mark All Joy's Exams and Eat Cinnamon Buns Party"!!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete