Sunday, June 15, 2008

Highs and Lows

With each group that comes through our doors, we tend to do "highs and lows" at least once during their time with us. This is a method of debrief that we use...allowing the youth to share with us their highs (the exciting times here in Costa Rica) and their lows (those moments where they wish they were back home, perhaps).

I give you my highs and lows for my own personal experience the last couple of weeks:

Lows:
1. Washing my Ipod with my jeans. Whoops.
2. The crick in my neck from my mattress.
3. Missing people from home.
4. Learning the same lessons over and over again - why can't I grasp that I can TRUST God?

Highs:
1. Drying out my Ipod and finding out it still works. Yay.
2. Acquiring a new mattress and having a happy sleep.
3. Re-acquainting myself with good friends that I only know and get to hang out with here in Costa Rica.
4. Finally recognizing some of the new lessons that God is teaching me.

I am of the mindset that every cloud has a silver lining. May I continue to see the glimmer that that provides in the midst of whatever lows I may encounter this summer...

We added 7 staff yesterday...and about 7 more arrive today!

(Happy Father's Day Dad!)

2 comments:

  1. Haha...we washed Kevin's iPod the day before we moved to Quesnel. His started working a couple of weeks later.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:54 AM

    So good to talk to you last night!
    Te amo....Mom

    ReplyDelete