Thursday, October 18, 2007

groovin.

Life is good.
I don't have tons to share right now, but felt like I owe you all something. I know what it's like to check blogs and think "update already!" (ahem, Jeremy Thompson and Laura Hooper, not to name names or anything). And I know people have better things to do than write in blogs - it's probably better to live what you're writing about than to write about what you're living.

Anyways...

I feel like I'm in my groove right now. I love my job, which after last year, is refreshing to say. I love my church, which after the last few years of feeling "unsettled" is also refreshing. I now am part of a great "life group" that meets Thursday nights...wonderful people. I really look forward to Thursday night. And I am also teaching Sunday School. Now maybe that's the one part that isn't "groovin" so well right now...but at the same time, it's my challenge and a passion to not give up (I teach ten 8-11 year olds...8 of which are boys...rowdy boys...who all like to talk at once, about anything, the entire 40 minutes that we are together).

I also love that I only work four days a week, and get to play with a fantastic one-year-old on my Friday off. And when I come home for work the other four days, she meets me with kisses...and giggles.

I love her parents - my housemates - who remind me what true relationship and love looks like...and have included me as part of their family. Carleigh told me yesterday that now that I talk about their daughter as much as they do, I am officially a family member.

It's a fun season...and I am very thankful for it.

Tomorrow I head home with my dear cousin for the weekend - a Thanksgiving visit (two weeks post-Thanksgiving) in an effort to avoid Thanksgiving traffic on the ferry. I'm excited to be home for a bit and remember what autumn on the Island looks like.

In two weeks I get to lead another 40 students into Vancouver on UMA #2 - time is flying! I just finished marking post-trip papers, and now the next batch of pre-trip papers are coming to my desk.

And...in just about four weeks, I head to Mexico to visit the lovely Sandra Plett , and to turn 26.

Anyone else groovin?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!! Hooray for celebrating Kathleen's 26th birthday together in Mexico!!!! Can't hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete