Monday, October 22, 2007

"Across the Universe"

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the new movie, Across the Universe. Now...that being said, I have some "limitations" for you all....

1. Only watch if you enjoy Beatles music
2. Only watch if you can handle a little "artistic nudity"
3. Only watch if you enjoy artsy drug trips...not from experience, but as portrayed on film. Ahem.
4. Only watch if you want Beatles songs stuck in your head for the rest of your life. Or at least so much so that you buy the soundtrack the next day...
5. Only watch if you can handle 14 year old teenagers in the theatre giggling, throwing popcorn, and running up and down the aisles as you watch (and realize that you were once them...and maybe on certain days still are)

And lastly, only tell me if you watched it, if you enjoyed it. I don't want to lose your friendship. (And remember, I put limitations out there).

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's 2 recommendations (Misty too), so I'm expecting good things:) Hopefully it comes to GDL soon. Maybe it'll get here while you're here!! I noticed the soundtrack in the music store already and almost bought it upon your recommendation (and the fact that I have always kind of had a thing for the Beatles), but decided to wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice side pic.

    haven't seen movie...but intend to. Loved the preview.
    AND - you must be a wretched sinner if you watched a movie with nudity in it. Seriously, are you even a Christian?

    it's a good thing salvation isn't based on what movies people watched!!! i'd be screwed!!! (I totally watched Jurassic Park even though I wasn't allowed to!!)

    ReplyDelete