Friday, September 07, 2007

My life...as it appears in photo form.

Here you go - the most exciting photos I could find of the last month.

When I first came home we had a birthday party for little Charlee who turned one at the end of July (she's the daughter of the couple that I live with) - and we had a blast watching her splash in the pool and drink out of a straw for the first time. One is a big deal. One means you're not as new anymore. One means you're cool...well according to Charlee anyways, it seems.
Here she is...exploring her environment. Don't tell her she's doing it in her underwear.

And of course, her friends came to join - including London, who's very mature now that she's a big girl. (Our parties have changed since college....)
And then, middle of August, I started back at CBC. My first day back was the Cedar Springs Staff Retreat (tough first day!). It was great to be back on staff and enjoying the "play" time with the faculty and staff, gearing up for a new year. And Cedar Springs is a pretty decent place to do that!
Of course the day was filled with bocci playing and paddle-boating. Here's what happens when the bocci playing is too close to the paddle-boating. The guys tried their hardest to rescue the ball, but while they provided great entertainment for us all (and soaked me), we had to say good-bye to a friend. RIP, silver ball, RIP.
Last week, I was hanging out at Misty's house having dinner with her and her sister, chatting about life, when all of a sudden the rain stopped, and the sun came out...and we had the coolest view. Funny as we'd been talking about some major life stuff, and actually feeling a little discouraged, and the double rainbow came out - in fact we even saw three at one point - and decided that it was a reminder of Who is in control...
And this is today - just so you remember what I look like. And I got my hair cut...and I think it looks pretty hot. So...I'm mostly just fishing for compliments. Anyone?
Ok...now for the best part. Gary and Carleigh had a photo shoot done a couple weeks ago (they are the couple that I live with...and they are great...and I am enamoured with their baby girl...we're best buds). Anyways, here are some of the best shots...
Here's Charlee giving her typical face. She's a ham.
With her hat...which she puts on just because we all say, "Ooooooh, you're soooooo preeeeeettty." Yeah, I'd wear it too if people would say that everytime I put it on.Here's the fam...along with Matty - he's considered part of the family as he lives with us every other week. We love Matt. Doesn't Charlee look so impressed to be sitting still?
That's about it for now...first "Urban Mission Adventure" is just around the corner - but I know it's all gonna work out just fine..I love my job!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you Kathleen! Seeing the pictures makes me realize how much I miss everyone...almost enough to cry...oh well, love you lots!

    ReplyDelete