Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm having a heart-attack...

Facebook won't let me log in.

Okay, so that's rather hideous - and embarassing that I'm reacting this way.

In real life...I've heard so many stories lately from friends about situations and relationships in their lives, or in the lives of their friends or family, that are so heavy and rich with sadness. Do you know the types of stories I mean? Stories of brokenness.

Interestingly enough, while it has attacked my heart and made me pensive, I am also rather light in it all. I would not presume that this has anything to do with me, but rather that my Creator is granting me this. I think that to be heavy with the brokenness I see in life right now would not allow me the opportunities to speak life into people and to lift them to the Father as trustingly. I thank God that He picks up the dingy, shattered, shameful, rusty pieces. Because if we had to do it on our own? The result would be gangrene.

"Perhaps everything terrible is, in its deepest being, something that needs our love." - Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments:

Post a Comment