Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fries

Funny...I always thought that you had to be working at McDonalds to be repeatedly asking, "Would you like fries with that?" But somehow, this season of my life has found me uttering those words.

White Spot is...well...different than what I had pictured for myself for my year of "just working"...and when someone tips you $4 on a $65 bill...even when everything went great, you just have to wonder. But then right when I feel like throwing my apron on the ground and walking out, I get a table like last night: $20 on a $45 bill...

I have to say that I truly believe that God wants me working at the Ramada (both banquets and White Spot) for this season. When I came back from Costa Rica, I tried to get jobs at many restaurants....many...and I even had interviews with the managers, who said they were impressed with my resume, and would be in touch.

I didn't hear from any of them.

But, I did hear from the Ramada, repeatedly, and was hired almost instantly. And then White Spot opened, and I started working both jobs, which allowed me full-time hours (not offered by any restaurants these days).

Moral of the story? While I may have never thought that I would be obsessed with fries...I am humbled to know that God's plans are ultimately higher than mine. They see the bigger picture....which I don't (even if I like to think that I do). And, through this season, I have enjoyed coming home at the end of a shift, and not feel like I'm still "on duty". But more importantly, I have started to really desire another "ministry" position. I know now that when I return from Costa Rica this summer, I will be looking for something different - and am excited by the wide-open possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment