Monday, January 08, 2007

automated eclectic everything

What's with this "new way" of telemarketing? Have you experienced this yet at your house? I answer the phone, and instead of a telemarketer asking me if I want life insurance or a vacuum or something, I now have a machine asking me to press buttons. How annoying. Although, easier to hang up on.

The real question is - why the change? Well, it could be to save money...but I secretly wonder if it's because of the damaging effects of rejection on telemarketers. I have definitely slammed my phone down on some. They really leave no other option sometimes. But I think, if I was turned down that many times in one day, I'd probably be damaged goods by the end of it. Maybe the big companies are tired of paying for counselling?

Anyways, favorite conversation quote to share with you all - I was driving some girls home last night from a staff party. Two girls were talking about a guy they knew and were trying to describe him:

Girl 1: Well, he's kind of hard to describe. What's the right word?
Girl 2: Eclectic!
Girl 1: Yeah, I'd say he's eclectic.
Girl 3: Oh, my, does that mean he steals things?

No comments:

Post a Comment