Saturday, January 15, 2011

things that went through my mind today...

1. Spending $500 on tires is the equivalent to being kicked in the gut. Voluntarily.

2. I ordered a salad at Wendy's and the guy asked me type of salad dressing I wanted. I offered, "thousand island?" He responded, "No, we don't have that. How about italian?" I wanted to ask him if he'd actually ever seen thousand island dressing before. Apples and oranges, people...apples and oranges.

3. I wonder when Sam and Lana will get married. And where. And...oh my gosh, Lana in a wedding dress. And...oh my gosh, wedding dress shopping. Wow. This should be good.

4. The month of June is the promised land. I'm currently in the desert. But I'm not alone.

5. I really love my Davies cousins.

6. Watching death slowly take someone you love is hard. You feel helpless. You feel like you should have done more. And you feel like it's just not fair. And honestly, if I didn't love Jesus, I don't know how I would cope.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about you, Kathleen. How are you able to concentrate with everything that's going on in your family? I know how hard it is right now as I'm grieving too and I'm having a terrible time thinking through everything - especially that book! Anyway, praying for you this week and our prayer group is holding you all up in prayer. grace. kathie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kid. dress. ha funny stuff.

    i've thought about you a lot this week...

    i'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 AM

    Kathleen, I don't know what your situation is but I do know that watching death slowly take someone in your family is excruciating. My thoughts are with you. Light and Love, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know you've been in my thoughts & prayers.

    Stay strong, sweet girl. (xo)

    ReplyDelete