Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Newness

I feel like an adult now. I own my own computer - thanks to my parents...haha, what did I just say about being an adult? Well, for Christmas, my dear folks contributed to the purchase of my new laptop. You'd think it would mean that I'd update my blog more frequently - but as Sandra pointed out "Facebook killed the blogging star".

I'd have to say that having a laptop is a huge blessing. Some of you may be laughing at me, because you've been technologically advanced for years...while I was still rocking the VHS and the walkman. And some of you relate...because you're still rocking the VHS and the walkman. (You can tell me who you are later...)

Question: do people name their laptops? Because I have this belief that when you spend a certain amount of money and time with something, you probably should name it. My Jetta, affectionately known as Wanda, has done well with her name. She has rarely let me down...but those odd times she has, at least I can say, "Oh Wanda...how you've let me down".

Tonight I'm going to bed early. I think lack of sleep is seeping into my brain.

3 comments:

  1. i agree.

    facebook killed the blogger start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 PM

    i have not named mine. They definitely deserve to be named. I sense some animosity between them...one being a mac one being a pc...the pc definitely has some jealousy issues, because i take the mac with me everywhere. maybe naming them will take they're conflicts from them for a while...hmm. av welcome to the wonderful world of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for new laptops! Mine's just called the "Aqua Machine"...not a super-affectionate name, but it works!

    ReplyDelete