Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The last few days.

Well, here I am back at the camp, working with the other staff, preparing for our first team which is coming down on Sunday. Yikes. And I thought I was ready to be done with Spanish classes...now I'm feeling like those classes were nice ;) I am officially "in charge" of the staff, which is a rather bizarre position, but I'm looking forward to trying to really take care and invest in the staff that are here. Right now there are 7 of us: 3 gringos, 3 candians, and 1 tico. We're having fun, working hard, and I don't know about the rest, but I'm looking forward to the group's arrival.

Those of you who are praying for me, can definitely pray for wisdom and ability to converse more easily in Spanish - I am also "in charge" of the kitchen...and that means conversing daily with our cook, who only speaks Spanish, and making sure that she's making schedules for meals, knowing when those meals are, and for how many people, and what the meals involve. Pray for me!

As for the "ending" with my family - I had a great last weekend with them... I will post pictures later. I finally was able to make my apple pie for them (the first pie I've ever made), and it actually turned out! (God's grace, I do believe :)) And then on the last day, we all went to a Volcano, which I've never experienced here in all my visits to Costa Rica (shame, shame)...and when we arrived, it was rather disappointing, as all was fogged in, and we couldn't see a thing. But after about 10 minutes of waiting, suddenly the clouds lifted, and we had the BEST view of everything (pictures coming). It was a great gift, and I was so happy to have the opportunity to share this with my Tico Family. (A bonus: I got in as a Tica - prices in Costa Rica are cheaper for Costa Ricans, and are much more expensive for Americans/Foreigners, as they are assumed to have more money. So another student from the school, from the States, was ahead of us in another car with other family members, and paid $7 for his ticket in. However, I got in for $1.25 - the benefits of having dark hair and dark eyes...I rather enjoyed it.)

Anyways, things here are humming along - I covet your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathleen! Praying for you as you "get down to work". Glad you had that wonderful time with the family, and learning Spanish. Sounds like you have a lot of responsability there at the camp, but if anyone can do it...you can!!!!

    ReplyDelete