Monday, July 19, 2010

from the mouth of an almost four year old.

According to Charlee, the following is a picture of me, as she says, "when you were a little boy". Awesome. I am relieved that Carleigh was also given a picture of herself when she was a little boy. I'm waiting for Gary to get a picture of when he was a little girl. That will be so worth it.
And then, this was followed up with a picture of a "green city". Charlee evidently knows about my passion for the environment. 
According to her, the words at the top say, "Dear God, please let Kaleen not be scared and know that she doesn't need to be scared anymore, and please let her take me to the park and get ice cream." 

How 'bout that? Prayers for all. Build confidence and ask for what you want. No shame in that, no siree.

p.s. The actual drawings came from a "doodle book" and Charlee provided the colour. I would say that she's a child artist prodigy...and she probably is, but not quite to this degree....yet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Too cute. The pic of you as a little boy reminds me of a story...

    I have a girlfriend who told me that when she was a little girl, her uncle convinced her that all people change sex when they hit 16. He told her that he'd grown up a little girl and only became a man at 16. He explained that this change in sex is why they call it "Sweet Sixteen" and often commented on how much he looked forward to her changing into a boy. Other relatives caught on and joined him in perpetuating the idea. She was terrified and believed him for years.

    I wonder if Charlee has been visiting my friends uncle?

    Peace out!

    Robin of Robin & Cira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say that Charlee appears to be a talented artist already, and then I read that she didn't actually draw those haha. SO CUTE though!! Also...you may want to make sure she knows that she's not going to grow up to be a man. Yikes :P haha :)

    ReplyDelete