Monday, June 14, 2010

pseudo momma update...

Tonight, while Carleigh was trying to get sweet Janie-pie to bed (who no longer is sweet Janie-pie at bed time), I was chilling with Charlee and Bo in their room (Gary's away on business this week). Bo was snuggled in his bed, eating "chipees" and I was reading Charlee a delightful story of Clifford the Big Red Dog...saving the world, essentially...Charlee picked it out especially because, as she said, "it's such a nice story".

We finished the book and I told Char it was time to go to sleep (I was practically falling asleep on her bed). She turned to me, pulled my face in close, and whispered in my ear:

"Kaleen, if you go to work, and then go poo, and then have a shower, I'll give you a BIG surprise."

Well, seeing as that could be plausible, I wanted to know what the surprise was.

Her response: "A big...big...big....chocolate COOKIE!"

She then proceeded to tell me how eating big chocolate cookies would make me big and strong.

I told her it actually would just make me big.

Then she told me she was starving. So I asked her what kind of snack she wanted (this is a typical nightly routine)...and what do you think she asked for?

Her: "A big...big...big...chocolate COOKIE!"
Me: "We don't have any cookies, Char"
Her: "Yes we do!"
Me; "No, we actually don't"
Her: "Yes, we actually do"
Me: "How about a banana instead"
Her: "Ok."

Some days I mope a little bit about the fact that I'm single.

Then I'm reminded that if I wasn't single, I wouldn't be offered chocolate cookies for going poo and having a shower.

Well, unless I find the right guy.

3 comments:

  1. ooooo pretty blog Kathleen! :) Also, I really hope you find a man who will give you cookies for going poo and taking a shower. This made me smile, thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was awesome. i read it outloud to a coworker. we chuckled...
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh "Kaleen", thank you so much for sharing these moments with us. It makes the world a better place :)

    ReplyDelete