Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You can never go home again...

Transition home from Costa Rica is always hard...no matter how good you have it when you come back. I realize that the quote "you can never go home again" makes sense; not because it's impossible, but because the person you are isn't necessarily the same person you were.

I love going to Costa Rica because it centers me...it reminds me of what is really important, that time is valuable, and that if I'm going to make any difference in this world for God, I have to commit to it, every day...no matter where I am.

It also reminds me that Walmart is not the way we were supposed to live.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this, well said.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. and much of the Walmart consumerism is in our churches- we shop and leave if we don't find what we want. no sense of contribution and community. no repentance because we think we're pretty hot stuff- and everyone should serve us - especially the pastors. we pay them to serve us for crying out loud. i'm so done with that. :)

    i'm very glad for those mission-minded souls who don't miss a Monday morning prayer walk with me in order to pray against deception of the Enemy. i'm so glad for them!

    ReplyDelete