Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The return to myself...

In some ways, I feel like I've been absent for a couple of months. Like December and January, I went on vacation, and a robot form of me took over.


But, I'm back.


This last week was Missions Emphasis...and man, did God speak to me. There are days when I start to get comfortable here - start to buy into the North American mindset, the consumerism, the desire for more and more. The words I have heard this week have been convicting, blessing, encouraging, and challenging - I know the path that I am headed on, and there is no way I can do it, unless God is guiding me. I don't know the wheres or the whens or the whos...but I know that I am called to serve, and for some reason, staying in North America is not on my agenda. But then again, only God knows my future...and I've learned to never say never.

This is what I echo with today:

"I want to keep my soul fertile for the changes, so things keep getting born in me, so things keep dying when it is time for things to die. I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page recurrently." - Donald Miller

3 comments:

  1. May God's richest blessings be on you, Kathleen, as you continue to say "yes, YES, YES!!" to God. I'll be praying for you; sometimes walking that path is not the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...you wrote a blog post. I was wondering if you had given up on posting...

    Love you lots and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on ya Kathleen! Brilliant! Thanks.
    wish we could sit and chat.
    always encouraging.

    giving thanks in my remembrance of you!

    blessings
    Karin

    ReplyDelete